Saturday, August 22, 2009

As I write this right now I am sitting at Starbucks in Triangle, Virginia waiting on Sambo, Whit, Aunt Sally and Grand to arrive at the airport in D.C. and then head a little south to see me! They are coming in for a quick weekend visit to see what I've been doing all summer and see some other Northern Virginia sites (lots of battlefields and Mount Vernon!) Since I've last written I've house sat with my roommate for a Park Ranger who was out of town, leaving us with two precious dogs, a stocked pantry, and phone service, tv, and internet for a week! Then last weekend I went home with my roommate for some more of the same, plus a little pool time, so needless to say I've definitely been spoiled since I made it back from Tulsa. Yesterday the entire office when to King's Dominion (an amusement park like Six Flags) as our end of the summer celebration. They made me ride roller coasters. I hate roller coasters. Well, I guess I don't hate them anymore, but I wore a blindfold on all of them so that I couldn't see what was coming. My roommate, my boss (and fellow Texan), another one of the SCAs from Pittsburg, and another one of the "cave pasties" (that's what us Cultural Resource folks get called since we don't go outside as much) left last night after we got back and I'm definitely sad to see them go and break up our PRWI seasonal group. I still have four more days of work next week before I head back home and fortunately another SCA and a seasonal worker are staying on so I won't be all alone! I'm so so excited to be back close to everyone in TX/OK but I've had a great summer here and am not really looking forward to have to end the great routine of super relaxing week/crazy weekend that I've created here! Somehow I'm sure I'll manage in Tulsa!

No comments: